Burg Freundsberg is a castle in Tyrol, Austria, that was constructed in the year of 1150 by the lords of Freundsberg. Burg Freundsberg is 675 metres (2,215 ft) above sea level.
Originally the castle consisted out of a single keep, which is still intact up to this date. The chapel next to it was built afterwards in the year 1177. In 1467 the castle was sold to Archduke Sigismund of Austria, who rebuilt the castle and called it Sigismundruh for the duration of his reign.
Castle Freundsberg seen from below the Freundsberg (literally "friend mountain") as of 16 August 2008.
From 1634–37 on, the castle was retrofitted as a "castle church" or Schlosskirche. (Not to be confused with the All Saints' Church, Wittenberg, which is also referred to as a Schlosskirche.) After passing to several other owners from 1812 on, Castle Freundsberg became a property of the municipality of Schwaz. They restored the castle from 1966 onwards.
Since 1948 the castle is a museum where the history of the city Schwaz and the silver mining industry in this region is documented.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burg_Freundsberg
Freundsberg (noble family) - Freundsberg (Adelsgeschlecht)
The lords of Freundsberg (sometimes written from Fronsberg, Frundsberg or Fruntsberg ) come from the Tyrolean nobility and had their ancestral seat at Freundsberg Castle near Schwaz in Tyrol.
They are documented in 1122 as ministers of the Counts of Andechs , from 1209 as ministers in the ducal Bavarian service and later also as servants of the Tyrolean sovereigns.
From 1312 they had their own regional court and for a long time were among the most influential aristocratic families in Tyrol, but sold their ancestral castle in 1467, at the same time acquired the rule of Mindelheim in Swabia and shifted their focus to where Georg von Frundsberg († 1528), the "father of Landsknechte ", the most famous member of the family, which went out in 1586 with his grandson, Georg von Frundsberg, imperial baron of Mindelheim, in the male line.
The Freundsberg family had their ancestral home at Freundsberg Castle , which they built around 1150 above Schwaz. The castle was initially a simple residential tower , but was rebuilt in 1230 on the Romanesque parts of the complex. In 1319 a separate district court Freundsberg was established with the main town Schwaz, whose keepers were the Freundsbergers for centuries. The possessions around Schwaz were outside the Tyrolean or Görz-Tyrolean sphere of influence, and the regional court was also exempted (from 1312) by the Tyrolean princely power.
In 1319, Berthold von Freundsberg sold the ancestral castle, which until then had belonged to the family as a free property, to King Heinrich of Bohemiaand received it back as a sovereign fief . In 1342, Ludwig von Brandenburg gave the Freundsberg a new feud with this castle and the associated court. In the course of time, the Lords of Freundsberg became, alongside the Counts of Rottenburg, the most important noble family in the Lower Inn Valley .
The Freundsbergers benefited from the peripheral location of their possessions to the Salzburg bishopric ; in the first half of the 13th century they were able to establish themselves at Lichtenwert in the Zillertal and thus form a counterweight to the territorial policy of Archbishop Eberhard II of Salzburg in the service of Bavaria . The castle More stone near Brixlegg or Thierberg at Kufstein served the friend Bergern primarily as the seat of Urbar management and on the efficient exercise of advocacy rights .
The ancestral castle Freundsberg was sold in 1467 to Archduke Sigismund the Rich in Coin , who had the castle expanded into a hunting lodge ("Sigmundsruh" or "Siegmundsfried"). In July of the same year Barbara von Rechberg (Ulrich's wife), Ulrich von Frundsberg and his brother Hans acquired the rule of Mindelheim with the Mindelburg in Swabia and from then on called themselves Fruntsberg . Barbara's and Ulrich's descendants ruled Mindelheim until 1586.
Freundsberg possessions in Tyrol
The Falkenstein Castle in what is now the district Fischbach am Inn the municipality Flintsbach was the Konrad von Freundsberg of arbitration comparison between 1287 Duke Ludwig II of Bavaria. And King Rudolf I transferred as collateral.
The Knights of Mehrstein, who are seated at Burg Mehrstein , have belonged to the closest circle of the knightly crew of the Freundsbergs since they were first mentioned in 1266 (de Maerensteine) ; therefore it can be assumed that this castle was owned by the Freundsberger from the beginning. This fortress was primarily intended as the seat of the manorial land administration. Since the middle of the 13th century, the Freundsbergers had systematically acquired goods in the area opposite Kramsach , with the intention of supplying them as basic equipment to their subsequently founded Mariathal monastery at the entrance to the Brandenberger valley . Duke Ludwig VII.Mehrnstein put an end to it, since he had the castle at the latest in 1416 at the request of Archbishop Eberhard III. canceled by Salzburg.
The castle Schintelberg was owned by the Ortenburgers . In 1240 the Spanheim Count Palatine Rapoto III renounced . von Ortenburg in favor of the bishop and the church of Regensburg on Schintelberg and received it back as a fief. After the death of Rapotos III. († 1246) Schintelberg fell back to the Hochstift Regensburg . Schintelberg was then acquired by the Freundsbergers first as a pledge and in 1266 as a fiefdom; In 1379 Schintelberg was sold to the Bavarian dukes. Schintelberg fell into disrepair at the beginning of the 15th century and is now just a castle ruin.
The Sonnenburg near Innsbruck seems to have been partially owned by the Lords of Freundsberg as early as 1280, who were among other things Tyrolean-Görzian servants. The Sonnenburg served as the land administration seat for the Freundsberg estates in the Innsbruck area. The Freundsbergers apparently commissioned members of their knightly castle team from Matzen with the castle hat of their share. Finally in 1321 Bertold von Freundsberg sold his share in the Sonnenburg to Count Heinrich von Tirol-Görz.-
Thierberg near Kufstein
Friedberg Castle near Volders was probably founded in Andechs and was probably owned by Freundsberg from the start; the cathedral named here . Sighardus dictus Kolbe de Frideberg (1268) had been in a knightly employment relationship with the Freundsbergers, who at that time appeared as the ducal Bavarian ministerials, from the middle of the 13th century.
The castle Matzen near Brixlegg was first documented in 1278 known as the Founding Freundsberg and remained until 1468 in the possession of sex.
The so-called Kärlingerturm (later also called the middle or black tower ) at St. Petersberg Castle was sold by Ulrich Kärlinger to the Freundsbergers in 1408.
In 1407 St. Petersberg, which previously belonged to the Bishop of Brixen, was awarded by Duke Friedrich IV to the brothers Hans and Ulrich Freundsberg. Despite several trials at the curia , the Freundbergers did not move the castle out until the death of the last fiefdom holder, Georg von Freundsberg († 1586).
Arnholz Castle was owned by the Freundsbergers in the 14th and 15th centuries.
Strasbourg Castle (Sterzing) in Tyrol, like St. Petersburg, cameto the Freundsbergersduring the dispute between Duke Friedrich IV and Bishop Ulrich von Brixen . Since they no longer lived in Tyrol after 1467, they had property management carried out by a caretaker.
Property (vineyards) in Unterrain near Eppan in 1490 ( from Fruntsperg )
Runkelstein near Bozenhttps://second.wik
Frequency and Resonance
HOTEL SCHWARZBRUNN IN TYROL
In January 2003 we spent a week skiing the Zillertal valley and staying at the Hotel Spa Schwarzbrunn, Stans.
The Hotel Schwarzbrunn on the sunny side of the Tyrolean Inn Valley in the Karwendel Nature Park. Thanks to the ideal transportation connections to the Inntal motorway and trains (Jenbach, Stans and Schwaz railway stations), hotspots in Tyrol, such as the state capital Innsbruck with its sights, the Zillertal, the Achensee and many other excursion destinations can be reached in a very short time.
But when I saw Burg Freundsberg I got the most deja vu experience - I had been there before!